Saturday, January 13, 2018

Regionals 2017

Over my Winter Break I went to a conference for church called Regionals.  Regionals was honestly a really good experience for me.  The conference lasted 4 days and was at a retreat site in Michigan.  I mean even the bus ride there was fun whether it was the movie playing or that guy dancing in the back of the bus right before we arrived.  At the conference site we would have these talks surrounding the main idea which was Strength in Weakness and had a pastor talk to us for an hour and twice a day for the 2 full days we were there, which I know sounds boring but really wasn't.  After the talks we would have small group discussions which is where I met my 4 newest friends, I already miss them :(.  We would have some time to just go do whatever we want, we could go hang out in the gym or the cabins or just take a nap.  We also had worship before the talks which was a time where we all just sang together with 6 people leading by playing an instrument and/or singing.  The food there was alright but I mean it's food and we could get as much as we want of it.  The final day was pretty sad honestly after the service it was just people taking pictures and giving out their number, yes I was one of those people, but that day we, my small group, decided to all sit together for lunch and after that our leaders had gone to say bye to their friends and we all hung out till it was time to leave.  We also had a sendoff to our Achens, priests, and multifamily wouldn't be able to make it the next confrence .  In the end I want to say that Regionals has helped make new friends and grow in my faith so I can't wait for Regionals 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food

Oh, food what would I do with out you. You  help me through all those times when my stomach hurts.  I eat you when I'm happy, sad, mad, ...